One of the best ways of showing a loved one or employee that you appreciate them is to drop in just to say "Hi!".
Whether it was stopping by for a friendly hello in the office or meeting someone at a coffee shop over lunch, you could make sure they knew they mattered to you. We may have taken this time for granted in the past, but when working and socializing remotely is becoming the new normal, it’s easy for people to feel disengaged.
It may have been second nature when working in the office together to make sure everyone felt like part of a team, but when the only interactions are behind computer screens, we must be more creative with the ways to show that we care.
When little in-person moments are lost, a good way to show an employee or loved one that they matter is a customized work-from-home care package.
A work-from-home care package can include useful items to enhance the working from home experience, as well as additional items for self-care and entertainment that can help employees and loved ones get through these difficult times.
Putting together a thoughtful care package not only reminds people that you care about them but also helps make these times a little bit easier and a little more fun.
When you’re assembling a work-from-home care package, consider adding in these items:
- Tea. Many studies have shown that tea can help people maintain a healthy lifestyle. When people are looking for self-care items now more than ever, tea is a healthy treat to keep you going throughout the day. Quality organic teas can give you the boost in the morning you need to get going, or a specially selected relaxing tea can soothe someone to sleep. You can pick out that unique special tea for your employee or loved one. Show that you care and give a special flavor or a variety pack, giving your work-from-home care package extra personality!
- Cupcakes. There is nothing like a cupcake for a special treat. Whether an after-lunch treat or a dessert before bedtime, you can’t go wrong with a specially chosen cupcake to tell someone you are thinking about them. Sunflour Baking Company cake jars are sent in mason jars that can be reused for anything from food storage to flower vases! You can customize your gift from Sunflour with twelve different cake jar flavor combinations. This means you can add personality to your care package and pick out your employee’s or loved one’s favorite flavors!
- Books. Everyone loves a good book! There’s something about a good book that takes you in, makes you think, exposes you to new ideas, or transports you into a new fictional world. Some people may spend so much time on the screen these days reading endless emails that you may be wary of giving them more to read, but don’t forget that books aren’t limited to pages. Plenty of audiobook companies bring the books right to your smartphones, where the reader can listen and give their eyes a rest. Many audiobook companies produce their own content, especially for their subscribers. This can be a perfect care package item when people are sick of the screen.
- Muffin and Scone Mixes. Nothing can beat the smell of fresh baked goods. Why not give an employee or loved ones the gift of fresh muffins or scones? Sending them muffin or scone mix also gives them a fun activity to do over the weekend or to take a break from the virtual office. Baking is relaxing and invigorating, and Sunflour’s mixes come with instructions for an easy and fun baking experience. Choose from blueberry or banana muffins or buttermilk scones. Baking at home has never been more fun!
- Streaming Television and Movies. There are a growing number of streaming services out there every day, and that means more quality tv shows, movies, and documentaries to be discovered. When budgets are tight, more people are getting rid of their streaming subscriptions. Why not give them a gift card? That way, the next month, two months, or even year, is on you. It doesn’t have to be the gift of a mainstream company like Netflix, either. There are more specialized channels out there than ever. For the fans of horror movies, there are multiple streaming services dedicated to horror shows and movies. For the documentary loving employee or friend, many services specialize in documentaries. Be creative!
- Coffee. Being stuck at home is especially difficult for the employee or loved one who would love to sit down in a tiny coffee shop, pull out their laptop, and get some work done in a friendly environment full of the aroma of fresh coffee. While you can’t open up a personal coffee shop for them, you can send them fresh bagged coffee. Choose quality, gourmet flavors and blends.
Include Corporate-Branded Products
To round out your work-from-home package, be sure to include some corporate-branded gifts as well. Pair a company mug with coffee or tea, send branded headphones or earbuds, or go with other useful things to use while working from home like a water bottle, notebooks and pens, or a cozy sweatshirt, all with your company logo. It’s a great way to reward your workers while promoting pride in your brand.
Be Creative With Packaging
A strong, double-ply cardboard box will be good to send a care package in, but don’t be afraid to get creative. You can use glitter, homemade crafts, ribbons, and anything else that has personality. You can, of course, contact Sunflour Baking Company to put together a work-from-home care package and ship it for you. We can ship to your employees anywhere in the nation!
The Perfect Work-From-Home Care Package
No one wants to feel alone, and sometimes seeing people over the screen just isn’t enough. Sending someone something more tangible than an email or text reminds them that there is more to a virtual world or workspace and that people really do care.
Let Sunflour Baking Company premade options, or create customized care packages for employees or loved ones, Sunflour Baking Company has what you are looking for.