Chocolate Fudge Buttercream
[Try it out: Cookie Sandwiches with Buttercream Filling]
Yield: ~3 cups buttercream
- Butter- ¼ cup
- Unsweet Chocolate- ½ cup
- Cocoa Powder- 1/3 cup
- Boiling Water- ½ cup
- Butter, room temperature- 0.5 cup
- Powdered sugar- 1 pound
- Melt the butter and unsweetened chocolate together in a double boiler or in the microwave. Stirring the chocolate mixture occasionally until fully melted.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the boiling water and cocoa powder until there are no lumps and set aside.
- Add your cocoa powder and water mixture to a bowl of a mixer with a paddle attachment. On low speed, slowly add the melted butter/chocolate mixture.
- When fully mixed, start adding room temperature butter, then powdered sugar. Alternate butter and powdered sugar ending with the soft butter.
- To adjust consistency of buttercream, add more powdered sugar to thicken or add milk to thin it.